Because of this misleading initial report, a safety alert was issued, warning of the potential for cans of expanding foam to undergo lethal decompression. But the warning was retracted when it was discovered that James had, for reasons unknown, applied a blowtorch to the pressurized 500-ml cannister, causing the lethal malfunction.
Darwin notes, "This event is tentatively confirmed. A legitimate newspaper states that a man died from an exploding can of insulation. But the detail that he was using a blowtorch was gleaned from an eyewitness account, and a statement attributed to the product manufacturer."
"Insulated against lifes (future) adventures."
DarwinAwards.com © 1994 - 2021
Submitted by: Grant
Reference: Costain Construction Warning, British Aerosol Manufacturers update