(7 March 2005, Vietnam) Nguyen, 21, had been drinking with friends in
Hanoi, when he pulled out an old detonator he had found. It was about six
centimeters long and eight centimeters in diameter, with two wires hanging
out. Because it was old and rusty, Nguyen said, it couldn't explode. His
To prove his point, Nguyen put the detonator in his mouth and asked his
friend to plug the dangling wires into a 220-volt electrical receptacle.
Turns out Nyugen was wrong!
The victim had little time to reflect on his mistaken, or whether 220 volts
alone could have been fatal. According to police, "the explosion blew out
his cheeks and smashed all his teeth." He died on the way to the hospital.
"Those were not very close friends!"
"I guess he ate his words."
DarwinAwards.com © 1994 - 2017
Submitted by: James Gomez, Edgar Villarreal
Reference: Deutsche Presse Agentur