One evening, a 42 year old man inflated a punctured air mattress with a tyre repair spray which, like all solvent-based aerosols, is flammable. Furthermore he did this while keeping the windows in his loft apartment tightly closed. The next morning, this airhead lit a smoke before he opened the valve to deflate the mattress. The resulting explosion wrecked most of the furnishings, part of the roof, and blew a window from the wall!
The damage was so severe that a structural engineer condemned the flat. Narrowly missing a "full-blown" Darwin Award, our hero was taken to a burn care unit and managed to survive the brutal attack by his air mattress.
DarwinAwards.com © 1994 - 2020
Submitted by: Julchen