Firefighters summoned to a Woodinville home arrived to find twenty-foot flames shooting out of two Chevy Astro vans. After quelling the gasoline-fed blaze with water, dry chemicals, and foam, they questioned the man responsible for the incident.
Turns out that our At-Risk Survivor winner decided to siphon gasoline with an electric wet'n'dry shop vac. Amazingly, he had managed to collect and transfer an entire bucketful of gasoline before an electrical spark ignited the fumes.
A safety spokesperson said, "This was an accident wafting to happen."
DarwinAwards.com © 1994 - 2018
Submitted by: Zak
Reference: King County Journal
What Readers ThinkAT-RISK SURVIVORS HAVE MISADVENTURES THAT STOP SHORT OF THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE. NEVERTHELESS WE SALUTE THE SPIRIT OF THEIR COLOSSAL BLUNDERS WITH AN HONORABLE MENTION. BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!