11 December 2007, Germany | Being frugal can be carried too far! A 64-year-old man returning from holiday in Egypt was carrying two pints of vodka. He ran afoul of security while switching planes at the Nuremberg Airport. Rules now prohibit carrying large quantities of liquid aboard a flight, and the staff was adamant. He could not take that vodka on the plane.
Instead of handing over the alcohol, or paying a fee to check his carry-on luggage, the man quickly quaffed the two pints. That much vodka can easily kill a man! He was soon unable to stand upright.
A doctor was summoned. She determined that he had consumed a potentially life-threatening amount of alcohol, and sent him to a local clinic for treatment of alcohol poisoning.
DarwinAwards.com © 1994 - 2020
Submitted by: Anna Hirst
Reference: Associated Press