(7 April 2007, Tennessee) A 22-year-old man was having a "barbecue moment." John's
friends needed charcoal embers, and John had the means to deliver, that
means being his trusty 1978 Chevrolet pickup truck. So he put his burning
BBQ grill in the bed of the truck and set off down the road.
"Obviously, we would urge people not to drive with burning grills in their
vehicles." Sheriff's Office spokesman Ted Denny said. The trouble was, the
hot grill was not the only item in the bed of the pickup. Hot charcoal,
meet propane tank.
The propane tank explooded and the Chevy was engulfed in flames. But John
was lucky. Due to the quick response of emergency crews, the conflagration
was extinguished. John escaped with burns to his lower legs. burns that
will no doubt leave scars to remind him that few Barbecue Emergencies are worth
David: "Pickup lines... Cherry... Bed of Embers...
"Make mine well done!"
DarwinAwards.com © 1994 - 2017
Submitted by: James Shonk