(14 March 2000, Denmark) Three teenage girls were hiding out in the public restroom sniffing gas on Tuesday, when one of them casually lit a cigarette. The explosion ignited the fumes filling the small enclosure, and the girls rushed from the toilets ... straight into the arms of police, since the restroom they had chosen was in the same building as the police station.
Inspector Leif Høy said, "We heard a bang from the toilets, and a moment later the girls ran screaming out." The officers gave them first aid by dousing them with cold water, and sent them to the hospital for further treatment.
None of the gas-sniffing girls is in danger of losing her life, but unless they learn their lessons from this experience, we expect to hear from them again soon.
Lesson One: When sniffing lighter fluid, avoid doing so next to a police station, unless you foresee the need for first aid.
Lesson Two: When sniffing lighter fluid in a small closed room, try to control the urge for nicotine until you are and away from the fumes.
Lesson Three: Do not sniff lighter fluid.
DarwinAwards.com © 1994 - 2017
Submitted by: Nicolai Nielsen
Reference: Politiken, Denmark