(28 February 2000, Delaware) A Dover man filled his portable propane bottle at a service station, placed the bottle on the floor of the passenger's side, and drove home. As he was driving, the nicotine blues hit him hard. He had to have that smoke. Unfortunately for him, he had only partially sealed the propane bottle's shutoff valve. Our hero flicked his bic, and we had lift-off... of the sunroof and windows in his car! Our astronaut didn't make it into outer space this time, but he did manage a ride on the helicopter that airlifted him to the hospital for treatment of his burned hands and face.
DarwinAwards.com © 1994 - 2017
Submitted by: Eyewitness Ed Bates, G. Jarboe, Ronald
Reference: The Dover Post